Sunday, July 18, 2021

Odd Supper

 About 4:30 my husband said he would like to drive to Silver Lake to get half a sandwich at the Subway, then follow that with ice cream next door at the Igloo. That would be our supper. We were not hungry at that point so waited about an hour.

After a pleasant drive on Country Club Road, which was surrounded by country fields but no club, at SR 14 we turned west where we got in line at the Igloo.



We didn't feel hungry enough to eat a sandwich first and decided to just stick to ice cream. Despite all kinds of advice from a regular right in front of us in line, I ordered an ordinary hot fudge sundae, but my husband got the rhubarb crumble sundae. His was made of rhubarb ice cream with slices of strawberries and pecans. Both sundaes were topped with whipped cream. At least he was adventurous. We ate at one of the picnic tables to the side of the building.

As we walked back to the car I had this sensation that drops were falling on my head. Once to the car I saw little tiny raindrops on the windshield. We drove in some light rain about half a mile, then it stopped. We could see the black cloud to the west of us though and expected more. Never had any more. 

It took a bit to get home; by then, my tummy said it wasn't quite satisfied. I got out some crackers and cheese to nibble. Perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment