Monday, April 19, 2021

Windy Walk

 

That is not snow on the ground; it is pear tree petals. I walked today in the wind because tomorrow we may have snow on the ground. I am wondering how the tulips and other spring flowers will fare when we get down into the 20's the next two nights. 

Anyway, I enjoyed them while I was able and they were available.


The Grace Village landscaper got into rocks in a big way last year. They are attractive on Sunset Dr. We did not have phlox until this spring.


This group of phlox and daffodils are near the main entrance.

These tulips in front of Assisted Living have been blooming for at least a week. I saw them last Tuesday when walking to choir practice but did not have my camera with me. I also took a photo with my new cell phone camera, but I am still very awkward doing that. 

My backdoor neighbor has some pretty tulips that opened last weekend.


My flowering quince bush has blooms since last week. That is about two weeks earlier than last year.


Over by the pond there are wild violets and hyacinth.



It was not a good time of day for pond photos, but I couldn't resist trying to capture an image of the baby goslings. I think I counted 8 bobbing yellow heads.


Some flowering trees and tulips around the neighborhood round out my sharing today.




I was planning to grill some Impossible Burgers tonight, but around 4:30 p.m. we had some sprinkles and now the grill cover is wet and it looks like we have more rain coming. As a part of my grocery order (pickup), I included some corn on the cob. The first I have seen in the ads this year. Time to get supper started. Hope your spring is beautiful now, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment