Monday, January 11, 2021

Progress

 I think I have turned the corner on my recovery from cervical spine surgery. The past two days my pain has diminished some. I have been able to sleep in my bed comfortably after 17 nights in a recliner. The pain ramps up a bit after my physical therapy exercises. I have a pulley to use in my home. I will continue to use the highly sedating muscle relaxant at bedtime, but I am trying to not use it in the afternoon. I am hoping to drive myself to PT next week. That requires not using meds that cause drowsiness. 




At my January 6th meeting with the doctor's assistant, I was told that I should start rubbing vitamin E oil into my incision when I felt ready. It is still a bit swollen and tender. I will try the oil in a few days. So I am making progress. I still have lifting/bending limits for the next 3 weeks however.


I ordered an amaryllis the day before Thanksgiving. I was so disappointed to get a pot with a bulb with maybe 1/8th of an inch of green. Finally after Christmas it started to grow leaves. Now I see a hard sprout which I think will be the stalk with flowers. Maybe by my birthday in two weeks I will have some blooms. To have to wait two months from purchase is not acceptable to me. I will not order from this company again. 


Today my husband received his first Moderna COVID vaccine shot. Our state has finally opened up the shots to other than healthcare workers and long-term care facilities. The current category is those 80 and above. He qualifies because he turned 80 twelve days ago. His second shot will be in February. The next category is supposed to include those 70 and older. I am guessing that might not be until the end of February or early March. I will be registering when my time comes. My county had its highest daily cases of the virus on Saturday. The post-holidays surge has begun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment