Saturday, January 12, 2019

Aprons

I have been replacing torn and stained aprons in the last few years. My newest one arrived yesterday from North Carolina. I purchased it on Etsy.


We are not allowed to drill holes into cabinets in our condo; no "towel" bar could be used to hang my aprons as I did in my other homes though I had an end cabinet near the back door. I bought an over-the-door set of hooks from Menard's instead.

I prefer the cobbler-style of apron that fits over the head with a front and back panel with ties on each of the open sides.
This one I purchased through Etsy a few years ago. She sent along a matching pot holder. Cobbler-style aprons are hard to find anymore. I used to find them at Yoder's Department Store in Shipshewana in the middle of Northern Indiana Amish country. I tried searching their webpage, and aprons do not appear. Maybe they no longer carry them? It has been 2-3 years since I visited that store.

This tie-around apron is from Yoder's. A little grubby, LOL. I will need to remember to throw it in the washing machine next week. No size label. I did try it on in the store, but without a handy mirror it was hard to see how it fit. It is rather big which isn't a problem except the top tends to slip down the shoulders a bit. The waist area wraps all the way around my back.


My newest apron is the type that you tie around the neck and tie around the waist. I was concerned the top might not be large enough to cover and protect my chest area because often I find that to be the case in this style of apron. It fits fine. It has several pockets. I need pockets in my aprons because in allergy season I have to have a tissue handy.

This newest apron I bought with some money my sister-in-law gave me in memory of my mom. She said buy something for yourself to remind you of your mom. Every time I  wear this apron, I will think of Mom. The rest of the generous gift will go to buy a Bible cover/carrier. I have been searching the internet, but haven't decided on one yet.

I have owned some very nice aprons through the years. Unfortunately, since I use them all the time, they do suffer wear and tear. I find few people own aprons; maybe they don't do much cooking? I like to protect my clothes as I work in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment