Tuesday, June 12, 2018

June Bloom of the Month and More

I picked up my bloom of the month from Martin's today. I prefer pink roses to red blooms. They had one yellow and one mauve bouquet as well. The pitcher I bought at Heart of the Lakes Antique Mall a few weeks ago when my husband was away on a jaunt with his brother to Mackinac Island in Michigan.

Yesterday my husband and I ate lunch at Baker Street restaurant in Fort Wayne to celebrate our 41st wedding anniversary. The setting and food are nice, but it is the scrumptious desserts that make it special. They comp a dessert if it is an anniversary or birthday. They comped my crème brulee, but we didn't share it. LOL. My husband wanted to try the carrot cake. He halved his piece and brought the rest home, but it is so rich (icing, nuts, caramel) that when I ate a piece today while he was at a men's event for Grace Village, I only ate half of the half. I did eat my whole dessert yesterday all by myself. ;-) 

I bought 13 books at the Saint Ann's Tent sale last Wednesday. The inventory was much better organized this year. They even had the books sorted into rough categories. 6 of the books I am giving to Grace Village library. The non-fiction books I will read and then see if they make good additions to the collection. They are mostly exploration/travel books. I did buy one book about writing. I have a desire to write, but not the discipline, though I did a few of the suggested exercises from this book.

3 of the Christian fiction books I bought I have been reading before taking to the library. They are the Hope Beach series by Colleen Coble. This series set on the Outer Banks of North Carolina has suspense plots. Of course, that made me want to read and read to see what happened. I have stayed up late 2 nights, well past midnight. The good news is that I finished the 3rd book early this morning; I will be going to bed at a reasonable hour tonight. 

Tomorrow night we plan to go to a community barbecue put on by the Winona Lake Grace Brethren Church to celebrate their 75th anniversary I think. A lady in our neighborhood came to our door with a flyer. We were married in that church and still know many people who attend there though it isn't our current church. We have been having rain, but tomorrow the clouds are expected to blow out and the humidity drop. It should be a nice outdoors event.

No comments:

Post a Comment