Friday, September 30, 2016

Drizzly Autumn Day

 

Autumn is my favorite season, and now that it is officially here I was glad to find a little time yesterday afternoon to put away my seashells and beachy decorations for fall items.



I tend to reuse things I already have. I see on many blogs the purchase of pumpkins to use. I have a small artificial pumpkin which I will put with my cornucopia closer to Thanksgiving, but I haven’t purchased any real ones.

It seems like every time somebody sits on my loveseat that they remove the pillows. I am trying them in the sunroom, my first time to put them there.

Looking forward to a nice fall day in a few weeks to walk among the colorful foliage. Right now, the trees have a few touches of color but not much. We have a little trip to Lancaster, Ohio area planned for near the end of October. Hope to hike a bit.

Today has misty and drizzly rain. No sunshine. My sister-in-law moved to her retirement apartment this morning. Stacks and stacks of boxes yet to unpack, but she is in. The furniture fit pretty well, except for a lamp table. Her oldest son is here from Detroit to help with the unpacking.

My husband and I stopped by the condo she is leaving about an hour after the moving van arrived, and we packed up the things in her refrigerator and put in her new place. After lunch, we went back to her house and knocked down and flattened the boxes in the garage and took to the recycling place. We felt it best to find ways to help where we were not in the way of the professional movers.

My husband rarely requests a specific item for dinner, but he wants cornflake-coated chicken. I have never made that, but I will bake some drumsticks tonight. If anybody has tips for this kind of prep, let me know for next time. We have some leftover peach pie to finish up, too. Lots of apples and apple cider in the grocery stores now. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment