Saturday, July 9, 2016

Sharers

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I picked two fluffy white hydrangeas from my neighbor’s bush this morning. Thank you, Ann.

My husband helped his sister today cultivating the garden her husband planted. Her husband is in the hospital with an infection. She sent home with him some green beans, a pepper, and some zucchini.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

While my husband was gone, I weeded the moss roses. It is only 75 degrees now, was high 60’s when I worked in the back yard. Looks better.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I had a tough time reaching the middle of the patch. My back already hurt some from moving furniture a few days ago; weeding didn’t help it any, but I needed to take advantage of the perfect weather.

Speaking of gardens, have you ever done the Rows Garden puzzle in the Wall Street Journal? It is a nice change from crossword puzzles. I never know all of the row answers. I had to look up who wrote the poem “I’m Nobody! Who Are You?” (Emily Dickinson) and the name of a U2 song used as a title for a TV teen drama. My husband helped me with a few others.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Good thing it is an easy supper night. I am worn out. Cooking brats on the grill, microwaving the fresh green beans, eating the left-over baked beans with pineapple from 4th of July.

Here’s the recipe for the beans:

Baked Beans with Pineapple

4-5 cans Campbell’s Pork and Beans

Large can pineapple tidbits drained (reserve some juice)

For every pound of beans add:

1 Tbsp. ketchup

1 tsp. mustard

2 Tbsp. brown sugar

1 Tbsp. pineapple juice drained from tidbits

Combine all in crockpot and cook several hours until heated through. (2-3 hours on high; 4-5 hours on low)

No comments:

Post a Comment