Wednesday, June 10, 2015

St. Ann’s Tent Sale

I am writing this using Windows Live Writer with the supposition that I will have to cut and paste into the blogger composer. I will wait and insert the photos after pasting, using the blogger tool. We will see how it works out.

This morning we went to the episcopal church’s rummage sale which they hold in a big white tent at the fairgrounds. It always seems to rain on their sale days. This morning we had a brief shower, but it had finished when my husband and I arrived at the sale. Now, however, another storm that turned the skies black as night is just finishing up. We have showers predicted through the weekend.

At the tent sale, I bought a blouse for $2. It is polyester and doesn’t photograph very well. . I bought the book The Man Who Made Lists about Peter Roget, the gent known for synonyms. Now that I am home and have read reviews, I see it is considered an average read. Some reviewers wanted more about the making of the thesaurus; this is more of a biography.

I bought a small skein of white yarn. I have given up on the beret for now. The boucle yarn didn’t work well on interchangeable circular needles as it kept snagging. I still would like to make a beret or hat on circular needles, but it will have to be with different yarn. Instead I am using the boucle yarn as part of a shawl/scarf project. The boucle and the shiny purple yarn go nicely together, but this pattern needed a third color. The white yarn will be color number three.

I see boucle yarn is not a good choice for a beginner, but I like the colors and texture so keep plugging away.

Masterworks music festival starts this weekend. I am enjoying my summer activities so far. How about you?

 P.S. I just tried the publish tool on Windows Live Writer and it works! So now I will have to edit this to insert the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment