Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Beautiful Day, Beautiful Blooms

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

One of my backyard neighbors has two large bushes of hydrangeas. She called yesterday and invited me to help myself. Not sure this is the best container for them; I may try something else tomorrow. I’ve never had cut hydrangeas in my home. We’ll see how long they last.

 

This morning when I went to the library to work, the carpet looked wonderful. It had been thoroughly vacuumed. As I shelved some books, Tina, one of the housekeepers, came with some spray cleaner and a cloth to remove the finger prints from the lamp table. As she cleaned, the lampshade slid down. I had taped it to  the frame after somebody had an accident rolling over the cord with a wheelchair and causing the lamp to crash to the floor 2 or 3 months ago. (I try very hard to make sure the cord is under the table, but folks unplug it so they can plug in their laptops and aren’t always as careful.)  The lamp was OK, but the shade was in sad shape. Though the person in charge of the physical plant was informed, after several weeks I taped the shade as I was tired of seeing this broken shade sitting cockamamie half-way down the lamp. So today the library got a thorough cleaning after last week’s escapade of messy boys and a replacement shade which Tina found in the basement. A bonus.

 

After last night’s thunder showers, we have low humidity, a nice breeze, sunshine, and so far not too hot. We have our patio door and front door open for fresh air. God has graced us with a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment