Friday, June 26, 2015

Acquisitions

This time of year there are lots of yard/garage sales. I went to one this morning that advertised itself for crafters and cooks. The knitting yarn was gone when I arrived; lots of counted cross-stitch but otherwise not particularly remarkable. I did buy some padded hangers for 10 cents each.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

You may remember I have a fondness for padded hangers.

Then I buzzed over to Menard’s which is starting to mark down its spring/summer plants.

Not sure what these are. I am putting them in place of the violas which haven’t done very well in the heat these past weeks.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Did I ever share the little teak plant stand my husband made for me? He thought my plastic table was cheesy.

At least the plastic table’s legs came off so I could store it under my bed during the winter. I guess he will have to give up garage space for this stand.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Hung the impatiens that I included in the 2 baskets for $7 at Menard’s. We have had a hook on the east side of our front porch since we moved in, but I have never put anything there. It should be pretty shady there most of the day.

Yesterday as I shopped at Martin’s for some advertised specials, I noticed these Skylar Rae cherries. At $4.99  a package kind of pricy, but my husband likes cherries. I tried one at lunchtime, and they really are very sweet. I’m not much of a fan of cherries so you know these must be good to convince a non-cherry lover to eat them. They are only available for 3-4 weeks a year re the promo material.  You can learn more about them by clicking the link above.

 Tonight is another MasterWorks Festival  concert. We plan to attend. It just started to sprinkle. Hope it doesn’t rain when we head for the concert.

1 comment:

  1. Purple and yellow flowers are wishbone flowers re internet search

    ReplyDelete