Thursday, April 9, 2015

Daffodil Days

The last time I was out in the surrounding neighborhood was Sunday. I saw some green shoots and leaves but no flowers. Today my husband took me to Cerulean restaurant for lunch. We saw lots of yellow daffodils trying to cheer us up on a rainy day. Even saw one group of hyacinths. Our trees have buds, too, especially our maple, and my neighbor’s lilac bushes even have some tiny green leaves. I love spring!

I took this photo in my old Warsaw neighborhood. Too rainy to take photos around here today.

 

By the way, I think I received confirmation that my netting was effective. I took the netting down Sunday afternoon. The crocus flowers had faded and were dried up. This morning all of the crocus foliage had been chomped down to the ground. I will definitely be putting up netting again next spring. I will try planting some more bulbs in the fall as only the yellow ones bloomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment