Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Word for 2015

I’ve been thinking about where I want my focus to be in 2015.  I think for my year word I am going to choose “space” or “spacious”.There are going to be some bigger changes in my life next year. Some will build on this last quarter of 2014, but some will be new.

 

I will be on Medicare starting in January; my insurance premiums for basic Medicare, a medi-gap policy, and prescription drug plan will be less than half what I am paying this year. This will free up funds for other things. I think I will join our local YMCA (which just opened a new facility) in March. Space for organized exercising in my life. I have been watching what I eat, including smaller portions since September 25th. I have lost between 11 and 12 pounds and am now back to what I weighed in 2007 when we moved from Texas to Indiana. I think to lose more will require an increase in activity. Hopefully, roominess (space) in clothing will ensue.

 

With less health insurance expense, it will free up money for some special gifts to ministries or projects. We still keep up with two couples that worked for us in the library at the seminary. One couple is in India; the other in Jordan. We did not commit to monthly support for them, but in 2015 we will give a few hundred dollars to each couple as special offerings. We already give to Grace Village projects; we may try to give more there as well. Spaciousness and graciousness in giving in 2015.

 

Continuing to declutter and winnow down possessions should lead to a spacious home; an improved living space. We already are sprucing up our living space by reupholstering our 15-year-old recliners. They should be back within the next week. I will continue to look for a few decorative items. A new antique mall is opening up in February 2015 about 5 minutes from my house.

 

The adding of the Grace Village library books to LibraryThing data base should be done in 2-3 months. That will free up time for me. I will use some of that time to weed the library collection to make shelf space for newer books. However, I should not need to spend so much time in the library. That will create space for new activities. Haven’t decided what yet, but I am mulling a few ideas.

 

And lastly, I hope we explore other space, i.e., travel to more places, take more trips in 2015. I am toying with going with Elder Hostel to Williamsburg next December to see the Christmas decorations and activities. We may try to go to Springfield, Illinois and to see the covered bridges in Indiana.

 

Yes, space/spaciousness fits well with my intended focus. What year word will you select?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment