Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pretty May Day

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

We are having lovely spring weather now. The stores and nurseries are well-stocked with plants, some even on sale for Mother’s Day. Since I have no children, my focus on Mother’s Day is for my mom. Unfortunately, this year I have been sick for over 2 weeks so I left the gift buying to my sister. She did a good job. My husband’s mother has been gone now for 5 1/2 years. Pretty soon there won’t be anything to celebrate except memories.

 

Our weather is expected to get colder, with even a chance of frost Sunday night. I will have to move my newly-purchased plants into the garage. I bought some cheddar pinks for the full-sun backyard, but I won’t plant them until next week. The other plants on the front porch are in containers so easily moved to protect them.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

Do you have any new patio/porch/bedding plants this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment