Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sprucing Up the Closet


Ever since high school, I have liked padded hangers. You know how you go along pretty oblivious to your every-day surroundings, until one day you take a close look and realize things are a little shabby. I have some pink-checked padded hangers that must be over 40 years old. I had noticed that the ribbon covering up the padding had separated some time ago, but only recently did I see the discoloration and stains. Time to replace these faithful old things.

  But have you tried finding padded hangers in recent years? I thought I would find some pastel ones like the one at the top of this post. I had been given this set of pastel satin padded hangers awhile back. I looked at Walmart, Kohl’s, Penneys, Bed Bath and Beyond, Burlington Coat Factory, several department stores. Nothing. Then a few weeks ago, as I was going thru KMart, my eye caught some white padded hangers. Only one color choice, but at $4.99 for 4 hangers a good price.

I have since looked on ebay. Some new pretty printed hangers there and not too expensive. Maybe I will look again after the holidays.

The deluxe “Cadillacs” of hangers are on etsy. Beautiful fabrics, but at $9 per hanger a bit rich for my pocketbook.

 

I have considered some of those velvet flocked hangers for light-weight knit tops. Supposedly, they keep the items from slipping off. Do they cause shoulder sag or stretching though? Anybody tried those? How do you like them? My closet needs a little TLC I decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment