Friday, August 3, 2012

More Good Things

Today the pavers came to my condo neighborhood. This project was delayed for awhile, but today they started and finished it. It looks great. It is 92 degrees this afternoon so that was wise to start at 7:30 this morning. I can’t imagine working with hot asphalt on a hot day. So grateful for air conditioning.
This afternoon I walked over to the retirement community library. On the way I stopped at the Give and Take Table to donate an item. There were some books to be taken, and one of them 90 Minutes in Heaven I picked up for the library. Turns out we do not own it. But the real find was the plastic page sleeves. We were out of these in the library and I had been making do with some old wrap-around ones from home that meant punching holes and trimming the edge of the fiction list sheets some. More than enough now. A need abundantly supplied.
Wednesday I drove to Fort Wayne. The main item I was looking for was a pair of black sandals to replace my 6-year-old ones which are starting to wear out. I had looked at 4 stores in Warsaw and saw nothing that I found attractive or comfortable. Roberts Shoe Store on State St. in Fort Wayne was advertising a sale of sandals, now 60% off. I thought they would only have a limited selection, but they had plenty. I found 3 potential buys; finally decided on a pair by Trotters. I have never owned any by this company, but they are so comfortable. I probably will save them for next summer and get the final wear out of the old pair; nice to be prepared though.

Tomorrow the public library has a book sale. We will see what God has for the retirement library there. And for me, too. <smile> I still have 5 books to read from the North Webster Friends of the Library sale though. I was busy typing up the program yearbook for the Winona Literary Club. Part of that is finding a quote appropriate for each speaker’s topic. If you have never tried Quote Garden, it is a good place to begin searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment