Thursday, November 16, 2023

Still a Little Color

 I know it has been quiet here. I have been busy with choir, Bible study, and Winona Literary Club.

 Yesterday I co-hosted at club; that means I and another lady provided the decorations and refreshments. Fortunately, she had lots of Thanksgiving things. Mostly we used Pilgrim pairs. I bought pumpkin rolls at Aldi's which were quite tasty. I had a medical appointment Tuesday in Fort Wayne. I stopped at Costco to buy some nuts for the club meeting. I ended up with Savanna Honey Roasted Nut Mix, but the item that the ladies liked best was the cranberry bark that I bought on a whim. 

Many of our trees are bare, but the pear trees on my street are always the last to change color and lose their leaves.



We have decided to join my husband's sister and her husband for Thanksgiving at Palette Restaurant. 


It is going to be a bit tricky for me to select my food items. I am on a lactose-free diet for 4 weeks to see if that is causing/contributing to my bowel discomfort and problems. But there are plenty of selections on this menu.

I am toying with the idea of getting a Bob Evan's holiday feast for Christmas. Some friends bought that for us when I had cervical spine surgery December 22nd, 2020. My husband was able to manage following the instructions provided. They do have one choice that includes turkey and ham (my brother-in-law is not a fan of turkey). It might be nice to eat Christmas dinner in my own home.

 It is around 70 degrees today. I am going to head out to my front porch and work on my Bible study there. Tomorrow the temps plummet; I will probably bring in the rocker cushions as it looks like this is our last chance of an Indian summer day.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I may not get back to post anything until after the holiday.  


No comments:

Post a Comment