Saturday, October 21, 2023

Swap Shop, Ebay, Shots, More

 

About 2 weeks ago Grace Village had its autumn Swap Shop. I picked up two items: an adult coloring book and a box of 3 Salonpas pain relief patches. The coloring pictures are of bugs, birds, butterflies. I am getting in the mood to color again, but with Bible study, choir, and Winona Literary Club, it will probably be December before I have time to do that. I tried the Salonpas. It did give my lower back some relief and more importantly the adhesive did not give me little sores like the previous lidocaine patches I had used. 

I currently have a listing on eBay. It has been a few years since I sold anything on that platform. Things have changed quite a bit. There is no listing fee as long as you don't exceed 250 per month. Payment now goes through eBay which means a buyer can use most credit cards and Paypal. In the olden days, most of my buyers sent a money order direct to me or used Paypal. Ebay sends your profits to your bank account so I had to register my credit union account with them.

 You can add lots of photos to your listing without paying extra. For all of these added "benefits", the commission fee is higher, about twice what I paid before. You have to give eBay your SS number as the government will tax profits of $600 or more in most cases. How to define profit is fuzzy; since I am selling two childhood dolls, I have no realistic base for determining profit. My dolls won't sell for that much anyway. I listed my 2 1950's Vogue Ginny dolls plus clothes.


About 2 1/2 weeks ago my husband and I got the latest COVID vaccine. He went ahead and got his flu shot at the same time. I didn't want two shots at the same time so I will probably get my flu shot next week. 

A frost is predicted for Sunday night into Monday morning. My little mums are pretty much done, but I may take my geraniums into the garage to protect them. I may try to keep them a few more weeks since they have new blooms coming. We put our bird feeder up a few weeks ago. Since this week we have juncos. They are nice little birds, but we are their winter home so that reminds me that colder weather is not that far off. 

Yesterday we had our carpeting cleaned by Cook's out of North Manchester. The technicians Brian and Allan we have had before. They are Amish and super polite and respectful. I think it has been two years since our last cleaning. They both have much longer beards than I remember. It is always a bit of a hassle because we move some of the smaller lighter furniture and floor lamps into the garage or sunroom. We also move the dining table and chairs into the sunroom so the area rug can be cleaned. This time my husband waited on moving the dining table until the men arrived. It is getting too much to move such a heavy item on our own. We waited until this morning to put everything back in place (except the dining table which Brian helped move back yesterday) and to remove the blocks and pads that had been put under the loveseat and the chairs. We wanted to make sure the carpet was dry. We had fans running most of yesterday. It is good to have the cleaning done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment