Saturday, July 22, 2023

Condo Restoration Progress

 Most of the work this week on the burned condos has been inside. They finished reroofing the entire quadplex. I am glad to see the progress, but since I am a light sleeper hearing hammering at 6:40 a.m. meant I was up far earlier than normal many days.




The vinyl siding and trim that melted in the heat of the fire still needs to be replaced. I think it will be hard to "match" with the existing material.

I was surprised when I looked inside today (no workers on Saturday) that all of the walls are being reframed. It looks like even the kitchen has been gutted. The front door and sidelights appear to be the only structural elements that are original. 



This is what I saw before July. It has all been cleaned up to bare cement. 


The last report I heard was that the two burned units would not be ready to move into until October. The fire was February 12th. Such a long wait for the couple that wants to move back. According to the grapevine, a new couple has signed up for the unit next door. They will get a "new" condo so to speak. 

As far as I know, this was the first fire ever in the condos. It has been a learning experience for the administration.

No comments:

Post a Comment