Sunday, October 9, 2022

Bits and Pieces of Past Roles

 As I am sorting through and disposing of "clutter", I have come across things that were useful to me at one time, but which I haven't used for years.

At our Dallas church I created flyers to publicize the ladies' Bible study. The church installed plexiglass holders on the inside of the women's bathroom stalls as well as having a central bulletin board. I tried to tie the theme to the season or the subject matter of the study. I never used the entire packet of decorative paper; sometimes I would use the same paper again during my two-year stint. Having been gone from Dallas for 15 years now, I find I rarely have a need for these papers. I am taking them to give-and-take table at Grace Village tomorrow. If I had timed it better, they could have been part of the swap shop, but I didn't sort these until this weekend. I did keep some solid-colored paper in various hues.




For a while as I managed the Grace Village library, I had somebody helping me with the hall bulletin board. However, for most of the almost 8 years of serving in this role, I decorated it. I used some of the paper above for poems or announcements or lists, photocopied book covers (the front desk receptionist was kind enough to copy them in color at no charge), or added seasonal/holiday decor. The framed corkboard was maybe 5 x 5 feet. It had a plexiglass "ledge" at the bottom where books could be displayed as well. Time to get rid of the bits still stored in my home. I do not foresee doing bulletin boards anywhere. They are good candidates for decluttering.




No comments:

Post a Comment