Saturday, September 7, 2019

Zinnias and More

Today my husband drove south to an airshow at Grissom Air Force Base. It is a day for "me time", setting my own schedule and agenda. I ate for lunch the last Costco hot dog (well actually there are two more in the freezer), the sole remaining Haagen-Dazs ice cream bar, Cheetos, and one healthy item (tomatoes).

I arrived at the Warsaw Farmers Market later than I had expected. Some vendors had dwindling supplies. I mostly wanted small sweet tomatoes and a small pepper for the lettuce salad tonight. Only one stall had this type of tomatoes, and I bought her last container. 
I've had a hankering for snickerdoodle cookies the past few weeks. I hoped I would find some at the market. There were several packages available.
I also splurged on a small bouquet of zinnias.



I got up later than usual this morning. I didn't sleep well last night. It was 10:30 by the time I headed for Warsaw. I stopped at the public library to drop off 3 donations. As I looked down the hall from the circulation desk, I saw a book sale was in progress. By the time I browsed, then bought some books, it was after 11. 

My last stop of the day was Walmart. I was surprised that it was not as busy as when I go on week days. I bought some items for my Operation Christmas Child box. Usually, I have good luck finding a tote bag or purse. Not today. I will have to look at KMart which is shutting down in our town. They haven't marked the prices down enough for me yet, but since it closes October 21st, more markdowns are coming. Or I will stop at Meijers to see what they have; or since I have several medical appointments coming up in Fort Wayne maybe I will look at Penney's or Kohl's there. 

Lots of stores are selling mums now and other autumn decorations. I am not quite ready to let go of summer; however, the trees are showing tinges of red and undertones of yellow. Mother Nature is reminding me that the season is about to change. It is so pleasant today that I have the doors and windows open and the AC off. It has been a good day so far and will be even better when my husband comes home and shares about his outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment