Friday, February 23, 2018

Yesterday's Highlights

I keep yawning this morning. I didn't go to bed until midnight because I wanted to watch the final skaters in the Olympic Women's Figure Skating competition. I dislike that we in the Eastern time zone only see the winning performances if we stay up late. The showdown between the two Russian skaters was worth losing sleep. I thought Alina Zagitova's performance was more arresting and interesting than Evgenia Medvedeva's. Zagitova was cool as a cucumber though while Medvedeva showed emotion in her story telling. Either one of them gave gold-worthy performances.

Yesterday the grocery store had some daffodils for sale. I bought a small bunch.


Actually, my daffodils in my flower bed are 2-3 inches high. I hope all of this rain and pooling water don't kill them. Yesterday I saw two crocus barely poking out of the soil. Whether they will flower remains to be seen. The weatherman hinted we might have an early spring.

While watching the Olympics on TV, I have been knitting dishcloths. Have one done and about half of another. 

Looks like more rain may fall. Most of the snow has melted in the last week. Our area is having some flooded streets and I know of at least one acquaintance whose house flooded. A difficult time for folks in the Midwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment