Saturday, July 22, 2017

Farmers' Market Day

Despite the light rain, I headed for the farmer's market this morning. I wanted some Ambrosia sweetcorn for tonight. I was rewarded with some little tomatoes.

There were fewer vendors than last Saturday. However, the tomatoes are starting to show up. My favorite vendor Patchwork Farm has yet to appear at the market. His tomatoes ripen later than some of the others however. The seller of today's tomatoes told me the little ones began ripening this past week; her bigger ones need hotter weather she said. We were actually pretty hot earlier this week, but maybe what they really need is more sun. This has been one of the wettest summers I remember.

We ate the last of the fresh blueberries I had put aside from what we picked July 14th. I made a parfait using the lemon-flavored pudding between bunches of blueberries.

This pudding is in the refrigerated section. We have several gallon bags of frozen berries left to eat at our leisure.

The whole front and corner of my landscaping is being reworked. It will be interesting to see what the landscaper puts there.


Two new bushes were put in yesterday; I will have to ask what they are when she returns on Monday. There is some sort of tall daisy around the corner now; also rudbeckia at the corner with the relocated irises.


The coreopsis I planted next to my patio seem to be doing OK. Next year I will have to add something else. I will deadhead the tickseed plants until autumn, then let them go to seed. I may get some new little plants next summer from this process.





No comments:

Post a Comment