Saturday, November 19, 2016

Sticking

 

We have our first snow of the season today. The forecast was no accumulation, but it is sticking to the grass and the roof.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

10:30 a.m.                                                                1 p.m.

There was a brief sleet storm around noon which added to the white.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I hope the gusts of wind don’t blow off all of the pear tree leaves which just started to have lots of color this past week. The snow will probably melt away by noon tomorrow.

I do have one bright cheery spot in my house. I bought a small Christmas cactus at Aldi’s which is blooming. I might not have any blooms by Christmas if the buds develop and open quickly, but at least I should have some beauty until early December.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A good day for cocooning. I laundered all of my light-weight jackets this morning and put my heavy winter coat in the entry closet. The 10-day forecast shows no days out of the 40’s. We are going with relatives to Amish Acres which has a buffet on Thanksgiving Day.

About 10 weeks until our Caribbean cruise. Looking at the photos of the excursions with aqua water and palm trees and sunshine transports me away from my gray dreary day.

Baked 6 chocolate chip cookies from refrigerated dough at lunch. One left to enjoy with cocoa maybe? I’ll have to see how my afternoon shapes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment