Friday, September 11, 2015

New Mouse in the House

For several months, the Dell mouse that came with our computer has been flaky. When deleting a message from the email, it would sometimes delete one or two messages below or above  as well which had to be retrieved from the trash folder. On the web, you would have to click numerous times to open a link or to open a bookmarked web site. When clicking on a drop-down menu, it would flash open for a second, then close before you could select and click on an option. I looked at mice at Walmart but wasn’t very impressed.

Wednesday we went to Fort Wayne to take care of some matters  that could only be done there. We stopped at Best Buy. It had quite a variety of mice. We finally chose to pay more for a wireless mouse. We cut the cord so to speak. This Logitech wireless mouse is working great so far. Hope it works OK with Windows 10 when we upgrade later this year.

We had rain most of today and cooler temperatures. Tomorrow I will roast a whole chicken; won’t have to worry about heating up the house with the oven.

We are eating up leftovers and things that might spoil during the almost 3 weeks we are in California. I put my potted flowers out for trash pickup, too. Normally, I would be buying mums for my front porch, but that will have to wait until October. I have spent time with my new library assistant showing her some “housekeeping” and other tasks she may have to do in my absence. She leaves for 12 days the day after we return. I will need to drop by the library more often to shelve books without her there to keep an eye on things. We had 2 newer books donated on Tuesday: 41 (George W. Bush’s tribute to his father) and David McCullough’s The Wright Brothers. Always exciting to get something new instead of boxes of old books. I processed them but left them on the book truck for my assistant so she can add them to the “new” books display in the hall. This time they really are recent books.

No comments:

Post a Comment