Thursday, November 14, 2013

Still Waiting

I am still “stuck” in the Affordable Care Act website. Since October 16th, I have been told my application was processed and I am eligible to enroll in an insurance plan. The Benefits pdf file references a table that is non-existent and there is no way for me to advance to seeing actual insurance plans in my state. The phone help had me enroll via phone as well. I’ve heard nothing.

 

The state of Indiana has extended my current insurance for a month; it will now expire February 1st, instead of January 1st. According to the article, there are 6,800 Hoosiers enrolled in the state risk pool insurance. I was wrong about no funds received from the state re this article. So it will cost the state something to extend coverage. At over $1000 per month for my premium it will mean another month of very expensive insurance for me, but at least I will have insurance.

 

701  Indiana residents have successfully enrolled in Obamacare. A drop in the bucket. Indiana chose to not expand Medicaid and received a waiver. Those who enroll via healthcare.gov will be privately insured individuals in Indiana. If I ever hear that healthcare.gov is actually functional, I will probably start the application process anew. By the middle of January, I will go to an insurance broker for help if still no success via the web. There are rumors that insurance companies and brokers will be utilized more heavily if the website is not fixed. It is a sad situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment