Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Fort Wayne Cookie Cottage

 When I went to Joann's Fabrics and Crafts, I would see the Cookie Cottage across the road running along the parking lot. I never went inside, then it disappeared. I heard it had moved, but I didn't try to find out where. 

Today I had my one-year follow-up to my hiatal hernia surgery so I knew we would be in Fort Wayne. We get an insert inside the Fort Wayne Journal that has coupons for Cookie Cottage. I looked up the address. Not too far from Hobby Lobby where my husband was interested in going. He changed his mind, but we went to the shop anyway. 

The coupon was buy one dozen cookies, get 3 cookies free. The parking lot was crowded. When I stepped inside there was a fairly long line. That gave me plenty of time to peruse the selection of cookies. I found out that each cookie is wrapped in a tissue before going into the bag or box. No wonder it takes so long for the line to move. 



I chose 6 chocolate chip pecan, 4 snickerdoodles, 2 oatmeal raisin, and 3 iced sugar cookies. As I unpacked the box tonight after dinner, there were 16 cookies. That may have been a mistake, but I wonder if the lady included an extra cookie to welcome me as a new customer. I told her I was a newbie. 


They are expensive cookies, but I wanted to try them at least once. If I had a special occasion, I might buy some again. Tonight I had the oatmeal raisin, nice moist buttery cookie.

We ate lunch at a nice restaurant, then went to Best Buy to look at televisions. I remember when high definition came out how impressed we were. On these ultra high def TVs, you feel like the football is coming out of the screen right into your face. Such rich colors on the OLED and QLED sets. Other than size, we really don't know what we want. We went to Costco and talked to a sales rep there. These televisions are smart TVs so we will have a learning curve. I feel like I have a better idea of what to look for, but we did not buy anything today. 

We finally received today some communication from Grace Village about the loss of television service over the weekend. When we arrived home this afternoon, we got an email saying the service has been restored, but all we get is broken pixilated pictures and popping noises so you cannot understand anything being said. We let them know our television service is still not of a quality that can be viewed. They are going to look into it some more. I guess they had already been discussing changing to a different company. The initial message we received made it sound like we might not have TV service for weeks. That may still turn out to be the case.  

1 comment:

  1. The chocolate chip pecan cookies were definitely the best of the lot

    ReplyDelete