Saturday, July 28, 2018

Plymouth Farmers' Market

This morning we had breakfast in Plymouth, Indiana, then headed for the downtown farmers' market.

This event is held in a nice park called River Square. There was a man playing a guitar and singing tunes like " Oh when them cotton balls get rotten, you can't pick very much cotton",
a song made popular by Charlie Pride I think. 







As we made our way around the square we bought a cupcake at a cupcake specialty booth and some apricot scones at a church bake sale booth. There were 5-6 produce stands selling corn, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, onions, ground cherries, and more. We are going to have sautéed veggies with Italian sausages tonight. Jewelry and plants were also being sold.


I thought it was rather clever the way the cupcake was packaged to go by placing it on a plastic cup lid, then putting the cup over the cupcake. She had boxes for multiple cupcakes, but one almond raspberry seemed like enough to share at lunch.
The books I ordered online for Grace Village Library are starting to fill my mailbox. Lots to do next week getting them ready: removing stickers and library labels for those that are ex-lib, cataloging (adding to data base), printing labels, then finally taking them to the library for the label protector and the ownership stamp to be added. 
I knew I had number one of Finding Sanctuary series by Nancy Mehl on my ipad. I started reading it several days ago before the books arrived. Yesterday I read Deadly Echoes, number two in the series, when it came in the mail. There is a third book, but it hasn't shown up yet. These are suspense/mystery books. They have been well worth reading. Mrs. Mehl is a new author for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment