Sunday, May 13, 2018

Spring Blooms

I was going to wait until after Mother's Day to buy my porch plants, but Meijer had a good deal BOGO half off. A lot of my neighbors have geraniums on their porches, too. In another week or so I will get a hanging plant.

The bush behind the green Victorian gazing ball was newly planted last fall. The fothergilla blooms remind me of bottle brush except they are white. 

I have never had so many buds on my cheddar pink plant. With the hot temperatures next week I expect them to open up soon. I will take a photo to share then. I looked them over closely as I grilled a pork tenderloin after church. We did not go to a restaurant today to avoid the crowds taking mom out. This is my second use of the grill this year (did steak last Thursday).

I was feeling a bit stressed about next week, but after doing some preparations, I feel more calm. Tomorrow afternoon is choir practice, and I was asked to do the devotional. I am going to keep it short since we will be rehearsing all of the music for our spring concert. Tuesday morning there is a dress rehearsal; then at 2:30 we present the concert at the monthly birthday party. 

Wednesday morning I will go to chapel to hear the chime choir as they use and dedicate their new chimes. My sister-in-law plays in that group.

At noon Wednesday is the Winona Literary Club luncheon. Since I am the president-elect I have part of the program near the end introducing the committee members. Unfortunately, there have already been changes, people "unvolunteering". We have no Hostess Committee so right now it looks like there will be no luncheon May 15th, 2019, just a regular meeting. The Hostess Committee members plan and carry out the luncheon. The Literary Committee volunteer also seems to have pooped out. I will probably have to pick up the slack, finding 6 people to do book reviews next club year. I reluctantly agreed to be president because nobody else would do it; I am starting to regret that decision. The future of the club looks doubtful. However, I have decided to make the best of it and have a good 115th club year. The Program Committee has already lined up speakers. That is a relief.

After mid-week, the Winona Literary Club will be on summer break (though I will have some recruiting to do), and choir also will take a break for about 3 months. Looking forward to a less busy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment