Monday, January 5, 2015

Gliding Into 2015

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

New chair

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Sleigh design re the tag; sort of like a sleigh bed I guess, with scrolls and a side panel.

Last Friday my husband and I drove to Weaver’s Furniture Barn in Nappanee. We have purchased a few items there before. We had earlier in the week looked at two furniture stores having year-end sales in Warsaw. I have been interested in having a glider chair to use in the den. But the main factor for me was comfort, and none of the chairs I sat in felt comfortable. At Weaver’s we sat in several chairs. A few were OK, but they were not on sale. However, Weaver’s has a bargain room. There were 3 gliders marked down. One was horribly stiff; one was passable; but one was just right. We bought it and were able to fit it into our Prius. This is an early 65th birthday gift for me. So I am gliding into 2015 in comfort.

 

When I undecorated on December 30th, I could not find my 3 carved birds. They were not where I usually put them while Christmas décor sits in their spot. I had this vague recollection of putting them inside some kind of container, but I went through the drawers and cupboards where I normally put them and could not find them. I searched some other spots; birds were still missing. Last night, I prayed for help in finding them. Suddenly, I thought about the basket I put on top of the bookcase/display unit for Christmas. I had already moved it back to the guest bedroom on top of the storage unit. This morning I stood on the step stool, brought the basket down, and peered inside. There sat the birds. God is so good. The birds are back where they belong. 

 

I signed up back in October for a Medigap policy to start January 1st. The company was to auto-draft my checking account. As of today, they had not taken payment, and I had no communication from them. I called the insurance agent. He checked on the status of my application and called me back. There had been a hiccup as he put it, but the coverage would be retroactive to January 1st and the payment should take place within 10 days. So nice to have an agent to troubleshoot for me, somebody who could smooth out the bumps. Unlike my experience with the Healthcare Market Exchange where nobody seemed able to help or resolve issues. My Medicare Part D (prescription coverage) did start as expected, and I will be getting a shingles shot in a few weeks I hope. I am waiting to completely recover from the flu. My ears feel slightly plugged up.

 

Gasoline is down to $1.86 a gallon in Warsaw right now. Hoping it stays down as we head for Alabama and warmer weather in February. This morning when I got up it was minus .5 degrees. We had icy rain Saturday, snow yesterday, and more snow expected tonight and tomorrow. So far, only about an inch. Some sanding of streets but no plowing needed yet. Very different from last year. Still, it looks and feels like winter.

 

How is your 2015 starting out? What “lost birds” do you need to pray about? God does care about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment