Monday, April 15, 2013

Tecarta Bible

I very much wanted to have a Bible on my Nook Color for when I am away from home. However, until a few weeks ago I could not find a Bible with the features that I wanted. In the reviews for most Bibles for e-readers and devices, the same complaint appeared frequently. No way to easily “flip” from one book to another. I watched Donna who sits in front of me at church furiously swipe her Kindle page after page to reach the desired passage. No more. I shared with her about the Tecarta Bible I had loaded onto my Nook and which was also available for Kindles.

It has a bar tab at the top of the screen. One tap and all of the names of the books of the Bible appear in abbreviated form. Tap the book and all of the chapter numbers appear, then another tap and the verse numbers appear. It is pretty easy to go back and forth between passages and doesn’t take any longer than flipping thru pages of a physical Bible. It comes in many versions; the KJV is even free. The version I selected cost $1.99. Be aware that the NIV is the most recent version and not the older one which many people prefer. Other features are an underlining capability, note taking area, audio reading if connected to Wifi, and the ability to look at other versions for free if on Wifi.

 

You can find the Kindle versions at this link and the Nook versions at this link.

1 comment:

  1. I think that on the tablets that have audio such as Nook Color, Nook HD, Kindle Fire, you can turn on the audio without being connected with wifi. At least that is true for the Nook Color.

    ReplyDelete