Thursday, July 7, 2022

Summer Time

 After lots of rain which the farmers really needed, it is a little cooler and less humid today. It still feels like summer though. One of the nearby county fairs (Saint Joseph? Elkhart? I just read the headline on my news feed so don't remember exactly) lost power. Kind of hard to run a fair with rides, food booths, etc. without electricity. Fort Wayne also had major power outages. Kosciusko County (my county) fair starts this Sunday the 10th. 

I don't like hot temperatures much, but I do like the melons, berries, and tomatoes that are part of summer. Sunflowers also remind me of summer. I bought 5 stems (flowers) on my online order/pickup at Kroger today.



I had planned to do laundry yesterday (Wednesday), but I saw the toilet bowel water was discolored Tuesday night and when I brushed my teeth the water tasted like iron. Today (Thursday) the water is OK again. I have ruined linens and clothes in the past as they pick up the rusty color when the water is not the way it should be. The good news is that Grace Village is in the process of changing from well water to the Winona Lake city water system. It is rather complicated, but they think we will be on city water by the end of August.

Speaking of clothes, I did order a NYDJ blouse online from Nordstrom Rack. What a fiasco. The blouse that arrived was black background with abstract blue flowers. The blouse I ordered had a navy background with pinkish and red flowers. The label and barcode on the blouse I received matched what my order said. Apparently the information on Nordstrom Rack web site was incorrect. I didn't even open the blouse bag since I didn't like it and it wasn't what I ordered.

 Using the chat feature I was emailed a shipping label for free return. The customer service lady encouraged me to reorder. I told her I was leery because I might end up with the wrong blouse again. She said she would make sure what came from the warehouse was right. But then she saw I had used Paypal on my order and said she would need a credit card number because she could not use Paypal. I told her to forget a reorder. The way she phrased things in her chats I think she was outside the US somewhere. I hadn't set up an account with Nordstrom Rack but checked out as a guest. I think the fewer people/companies that have my credit card information, the better.

 I am still waiting for my refund; they refunded the shipping charge to my Paypal account, but the purchase price has to wait until the merchandise is received. I mailed it July 1st. According to the tracker it was picked up by a returns agent July 2nd, but nothing shows except in transit to Nordstrom.

I bought book 1 of Cindy Woodsmall's The Amish of Summer Grove series at a library sale. When I checked Hoopla, I only saw audio versions. When I finished Ties That Bind, I downloaded book 2 (Fraying at the Edge). It wasn't unpleasant to listen to the book using my headphones, but slow. I knew I could read the book in half the time. I got the printed version of book 3, Gathering the Threads from the public library and finished it in a little over one day. I like Woodsmall's Amish fiction; she is a little different than the stereotypical Amish genre author though. The Warsaw Public Library has quite a lot of Christian fiction books.




1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading those books about 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete