Saturday, June 18, 2022

Deliciously Cooler

 The scorcher days have ended for a lovely weekend. HOT temperatures will return next week, however.

I ate breakfast in the sunroom this morning.


During the hot weather we have been working on our one buck jigsaw puzzle from the church rummage sale.


Appropriately enough we will probably finish it tomorrow (Father's Day). I didn't go to bed until midnight last night as I was engrossed in doing the puzzle.
 
I have read enough Christian fiction on Hoopla now that it is suggesting titles for me. I find my work in the Grace Village library where I sampled various authors is a big help in choosing. Yesterday I finished Legend of Mercy by Lynn Austin which is one of the books suggested. I think this is one of her better books.

My Asiatic lilies are blooming now next to the patio.

  


I have also been spending my time in the AC preparing for the Robin Hood Community garage sale. I plan to set my stuff up on my front porch and probably only for Friday June 24th. (The sale continues 8 to noon on Saturday).



The local Presbyterian church is sponsoring a Classical Music series this summer: 3concerts spread out over the months. This afternoon we listened to Duo Cantabile which consists of cellist Simona Barbu and her pianist husband Nariaki Sugiura.

The played a suite written just for them by Bruce Stark. Dr. Sugiura also played a medley of tunes by Mr. Stark. 

Tomorrow will start out cool (low tonight in 50's); we are going to the boat-in-worship service at Oakwood Resort. We will sit on shore. Might even need a sweater or jacket.

I will need to get to bed earlier as the service starts at 8:30 a.m. Maybe make up for the lesser sleep last night. <smile>

Wishing you a good weekend.


1 comment: