Friday, March 8, 2019

Cheeriness and a Mystery Package

Martin's isn't my primary grocery store, but I shop the specials there and redeem some of the coupons they mail to me. I did have the Bloom of the Month program last year thanks to my husband, but I decided not to repeat that.

They advertised some bunches of daffodils this week.

I also had some coupons about to expire. I picked up some Halo Clementines on sale. I didn't have a coupon for those though. As I was strolling the center of the store, a lady stopped me. She had some coupons about to expire, also. She noticed my Clementines and asked if I would like her $1 off coupon. I accepted it and thanked her.
While unloading my cart in the parking lot, a different lady came up to me and asked if she could put my cart in the cart corral 6 cars away. Two kindnesses extended unasked for.

This afternoon when my husband brought the mail into the house, there was a priority package addressed to me. There was no sender address other than the company that sent it. Inside was a bonsai!
I certainly didn't order this. I checked my credit card online to see if somebody was conning me. Everything looked OK. Why it was mailed to me is a great puzzlement. My succulents are not doing well; I will probably end up killing the bonsai, too.

This weekend is the change to Daylight Savings. I hate this change. I am not a morning person, and in the past few weeks the sun was rising so I naturally woke up at a good time. Now it will be dark. Bad enough to have this change, but why do they insist on making it so early in the month? It is way too cold here for people to spend time after school or work outside. I guess I better focus on my cheery daffodils and just put up with the time change.

No comments:

Post a Comment