Sunday, March 16, 2014

FotoSketcher

A few days ago I went from one of my regular blog reads to another blog she had listed on the side of her frame. This new blogger was raving about Waterlogue, a photo effects app for iphones and ipads that cost $2.99. Mostly she displayed watercolor effects on her photos. They were lovely. I hoped that maybe this program could be used on a pc. Sadly, it is not available; but it led me to look for something similar. What I am playing with now is FotoSketcher. This Freeware program has no manual built into it. You can get started fairly intuitively by clicking on the toolbar icons. Some of the features I do not yet understand so I will have to read the online instructions. So far, it has been rather fun. Click on the various photos to see larger versions to note the different effects.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Here is a photo of some shells I collected on Hilton Head beaches last year.

 

P1010017_FotoSketcher

Here is a water color version from using FotoSketcher.

 

Shell pencil drawing

Here is a colored pencil version.

 

Expressive shells

An expressive brushstroke version.

 

Black and white pencil shells

Black and white pencil version

 

You can add frames or text; if you don’t want to change your original photo, you can just add text and frames. I have barely started using FotoSketcher, but I intend to experiment with it more when I have more time. There are lots more effects than I talk about here. Try it.

1 comment:

  1. In case you are wondering about the safety of downloading this, it was vetted and reviewed on cnet

    ReplyDelete