Saturday, November 21, 2015

Keeping Warm



This is the scene through my condo windows today. The snow continues to steadily fall so there will be even more accumulation into tonight. Our low will be about 17 degrees and the high tomorrow (Sunday) about 25 degrees. It’s not unusual to get some snow in the second half of November, but such cold temperatures are not typical for this time of year. I guess I will be wearing the new winter coat I bought a few weeks ago at a half-off price sale.

It is a perfect day for crockpot turkey corn chili.

At lunch I baked some chocolate chip cookies from refrigerator cookie dough. Later this afternoon I will munch on a cookie and drink a mug of hot chocolate as I peruse the book I bought yesterday at Half Price Books in Fort Wayne.

I really like looking at barns as I drive in Indiana. Someday I am going to drive around and take more photos of barns in the surrounding area. I have a few I took in the past. A lot of the barns are in poor shape. I have a book Indiana Barns and now this new book will join it on the shelf.




Later this afternoon or tomorrow I will probably start playing around with the decorations for the December 2nd Winona Literary Club meeting. I am one of the three hostesses. I bought some more small balls and “glitter beads” at Hobby Lobby as there are 6 rose bowls to fill. All of Hobby Lobby’s Christmas stuff was half off.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The bowls belong to the club. The downside to choosing this as the table decorations is that they are the ornaments I use on my own tree. I won’t be able to decorate my Christmas tree until after December 2nd. One of my co-hostesses has some green and red print napkins we will place under the bowls.

 I did make good progress on shopping for Christmas gifts yesterday. Only 5 weeks until Christmas. We have tickets for a Christmas concert by the Fort Wayne Philharmonic Orchestra at the Warsaw High School on December 13th. That orchestra travels around to several locations for the holiday concert.

 Feeling a little sleepy. I had better go have my cookie and cocoa to wake me up.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment